The NEC (The National Electrical Code) covers:
- Installations of electric conductors and equipment within or on public and private buildings or other structures, including mobile homes, recreational vehicles, and floating buildings; and other premises such as yards, carnivals, parking lots, and industrial substations.
- Installations of conductors and equipment that connect to the supply of electricity.
- Installations of other outside conductors and equipment on the premises.
- Installations of optical fiber cable.
- Installations in buildings used by the electric utility, such as office buildings, warehouses, garages, machine shops, and recreational buildings that are not an integral part of a generating plant, substation, or control center.