Here are some, but not all, examples of issues best resolved by an electrician.
- It seems like you are constantly resetting circuit breakers or replacing fuses in your panel.
- When your refrigerator starts up and the lights dim.
- Your lights flicker for no apparent reason.
- You are using extension cords to connect your electrical devices.
- You start your electric razor in the bathroom and the lights go out.
- You can smell “burning wires.”
- The switch in the den turns on and off the radio plugged in the dining room outlet.
- Your television, TIVO, VCR, cable or satellite receiver, DVD surround-sound player and stereo components are all plugged into the same outlet.
- You have an appliance which needs a three-prong (grounded) plug and have no grounded outlet.